Caretaker
Heretic

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus, Giant OCR3, Giant CRS3

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2827 Post(s)
Liked 561 Times in 429 Posts
Originally Posted by Jed19
I did not say the other riders who concealed their identities were not fraudsters, you implied that.

Fraud is not necessarily a crime against a person or a state. In modern colloquialism, we use fraud as a kinda catchall for the kind of behavior McQuaid exhibited in apartheid South Africa, but in the case you and I are both referencing, then maybe a hoax better describes the situation. Nonetheless, it is an intention and plan at deceit for benefit.

I did mention in my earlier post that the use of the word moral cretin has to do with the cummulative actions of Pat McQuaid. It is a series of actions by him that brought me to my conclusions about him.
I interpreted your "maybe Kelly was just a fraudster" as "just possible fraudsters" in reference to Kelly and the other riders excluding Pat McQuaid (eight riders in all took part)who you obviously hold other things against. Where did I err in this interpretation? Where did I imply anything?

It was certainly a plan to evade the consequences of their action in competing in South Africa. I'd describe it as a subterfuge.

I accept you later clarified your earlier misleading post. You are entitled to your opinion of Pat McQuaid, my concern was to not have others by implication labelled as 'fraudsters', 'moral cretins' and 'cowards'.

Last edited by Caretaker; 10-01-13 at 03:04 PM.