Old 10-01-13, 03:42 PM
thomasw333

Bikes: 2013 Origami Crane, 2013 Origin 8 Speed F7, Magna Fix-D

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just bought my second folder, An Origami Crane.

Just bought an Origami Crane today. I hope it gets here quickly.
I first bought a Citizen Gotham 2, a few years ago. It is ok, but a little heavy. And I hate how the handlebar folds to the outside, not inside the tires. Also the front end, the handle bar feels a little more sloppy than I would like.

So I am hoping the Crane feels more solid. Also it weighs a little less, and the handle bar folds down in-between the wheels which makes so much more sense.

I was looking between the obvious affordable folders,
the Citizen Miami was out do to bad fold design and high weight and being steel I worry about rust.

The fbike was out do to weight, but it has the sensible fold, but also steel rusts. But honestly the fbike I think has the best look, very square straight lines.

Looked at the Boardwalk Nova, but read some bad things about parts availability, and the website looked odd. It is Aluminum, and low weight, but the Crane is the same basic weight and materials, and comes with extras.

Then there is the Crane, the Owner of the Company is on the forum, and active which is nice. I have seen how the company responses to customers in a positive way. The bike itself is super low weight for the price, has fenders, and a rack. The owner of the company talks about how strong the hinges are which makes consumers feel good.
So it seemed like the best buy, and I ordered one today.

As a customer though, I feel that The Origami Bicycle Company could do a few things to improve.
First their website is not very good. They could use some better colors, and some better pictures. I know they have some professional pictures on their website, but they are boring, where are the shots of fun happy people outside.

I had to make a PayPal account to buy the bike. That might turn some people off, but I have been planning to make a PayPal account for awhile for use in the various forums I use.

The company gets back to you quickly, but the messages could use some sales/marketing polish.
I felt like the responses I got were forced, like the person sending them was not happy to have to be a salesman, and was not happy to answer questions. Don't get me wrong, they will answer your questions, but the whole tone of the conversation feels very defensive.

Anyway, I will post my "review" of the bike when I get it.
I am also excited to be on a new forum and hopefully can gain some good knowledge from experienced riders.