Chris516
24-Speed Machine

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Allez 24-Speed Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ryanmm
Had my second incident with this guy today, the only real problem I've had with anyone while biking. There's a park I go to 2-3 times a month, and do 2-5 loops around it. Part of a longer daily ride.
The path around the park is signed as a bike/pedestrian path, except for the eastern side which is mostly sidewalk. The path on that side that isn't sidewalk tends to have a lot of foot traffic,
so on that side I use the adjacent streets. And this guy _really_ doesn't like it...today he yelled at me, cursed at me, waved a metal rod/wooden stick/something at me, and called the cops. Mainly he seems
upset that his dogs bark at me. Cops talked to him and me separately, cop said I was in the right but that he recommends I use the path if at all possible. Told me to call again if it happened again, and that
the other guy thinks I'm harassing him and wants to get a restraining order. First time this happened, guy was somewhat less angry and there was no waving of anything at me, and no cursing.

What would you do in this situation? Stop going there entirely? Go but use the path? Ride on the street anyway? Something else? I really don't want to knuckle under, but I also really don't want to be attacked
or have my day ruined again.
Don't knuckle under to this jerk. He sounds like the neighborhood bully. I wonder if his dogs bark at motorists'. Maybe the dogs think cyclists' are an easy target.