Old 10-02-13, 01:03 PM
thomasw333

Bikes: 2013 Origami Crane, 2013 Origin 8 Speed F7, Magna Fix-D

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pinigis
OK, I think that concensus is that our website needs work. I agree. Now, I just need to find the time, money, and a better-looking spokesmodel than myself...anyone know a cutie that works cheap?
Look to your family, you can hold the camera, and have your wife, cousin, daughter, some female relative do the videos. And check YouTube, Nycewheels has a lot of good videos, and they take place in the shop, so we see that they have bikes and parts in stock it looks good, or they do there videos outside, outside means light. Light makes videos better, I am into photography also, and a camera sensor is a tool for gathering light, so the best way to get good light is to use the sun. And these days, a ~$250 dollar (even less check open box items at Best Buy) camcorder can do HD and make videos look great. If you have a Macbook pro or know someone who does, the software suite on Macs works very well for the simple videos you need to do.

I think if you had more videos, on your website/FaceBook/YouTube (obviously you host them all through YouTube), showing the bikes, in action, being ridden, being folded, by a few different people, it would make your customers more engaged. Show a video, how your hinges are better, how you designed them, do you have patents? SO many questions you could answer with videos. Do you use double walled rims? What brand? What brakes/tubes/tires/levers etc...

We do not know how many people you have working for you, but surely you have a few, even if its family. Use them to put a human face on your company.

Great example, Apple Iphone: Picture of human hand using device.
Samsung Galaxy S3: Picture of phone with tag line, "Designed for Humans."

Both great companies, but which one was just named most valualbe brand in the world, beating Coke, it was Apple. And I don't even like Apple. Or have a Macbook, but my GF does, and in the summer she does some video editing for a local kiosk she works at, so I know what iwhatever it is called, can do. I only do stills photography, so I just use the Olympus software that came with my Olympus PEN camera.

Last edited by thomasw333; 10-02-13 at 01:08 PM.