Patriot
Faith-Vigilance-Service

Bikes: Trinity, Paradisus, Centurion, Mongoose, Trek

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hmmmm....

With all of this said, that Total Bike calculator says I should have my saddle height at 32", which is exactly where mine is at. I do have to admit, I have been getting some patella pain recently. I am thinking of lowering the saddle a couple mm at a time, down to 31.5" just to see what the effect is.

I personally have always enjoyed a slightly lower saddle anyway. I think with as much commuting I now do, that comfort is becoming more important than trying to maximize my speed an performance on a constant basis.

If I cruise on the flats during my commute at 18-20mph, instead of 0.5mph faster, then it would be worth saving my knees I think. I have never had serious problems until I started commuting as many miles as I do now, and I believe that 135mi/week is not too much, since I am in fairly good shape. I am thinking the saddle height is one of my problems here. I have just been debating on exactly how to proceed.

I have learned so much about cycling, but I will be the first to admit, asking simple questions, and getting back to some basics by getting the veiws of multiple people has always given me the best overall answers when trying to come to a concensus as to how to proceed on something as simple as an issue like this.

Sometimes, being as obsessed with cycling as we are, we all have a tendency to overcomplicate things, and getting some basic answers is sometimes all we really need.

Last edited by Patriot; 09-24-05 at 08:12 AM.