View Single Post
Old 10-02-13, 06:48 PM
lwik

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kleen Kanteen Insulated - review

As I got back in to biking a few months ago I began to ride further and further so I started to bring water. I noticed that if I used a normal biking water bottle, and even though I filled it with ice and water, within 45 minutes at 90 degrees outside it was melted and getting warm. After 90 minutes it was as warm as the ambient temperature. The one thing I wanted was cold water so I thought I would test the Kleen Kanteen Insulated 20 oz bottle at REI with an adjustable bracket.

I have to say I love it. Even after a couple of hours when I finally opened it up it was still full of ice inside. In fact for other rides I started only filling it about 1/4 with ice because it would not melt fast enough when I just wanted cold water. In fact after that ride when I got back the bottle sat on my bike in direct sunlight for the whole day that was 90 degrees. The next day there was still lots of ice left in the bottle.

The bracket that I bought at REI had rubber covering part of the metal. At first it was in a little tight and notice that it would fit in my other water bottle holder which was easy get get access to when I was biking. But I notice that I could hear vibration from the metal bottle in that cage where as the one that had the rubber fittings kept it quite.

The only real downside to the bottle is that there is no fast drink attachment. It unscrews which causes me to stop when I want to drink. I believe I can they sell a coffee cup attachment that I can use to perhaps drink when riding.

So if you want cold water during your ride the $29.95 at REI was well worth it for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
kk.jpg (97.8 KB, 53 views)