View Single Post
Old 10-03-13, 09:29 AM
jmaru

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeshulEd
For the most part, Phoenix is pretty flat. I commute as much as I can in North Phoenix, 15-17 miles depending on how long/short I want to make it and still not a lot of hills. I usually ride my road bikes, but on occasion I take the fixed gear.

So I guess, you could do just about any bike you wanted. Do you have any bikes now? What have you ridden in the past and what do you feel comfortable on?

Other things to consider would be where you store it at work and and at home, and what do you need to carry. I keep my bike in the office at work and in the garage at home. I don't even own a lock. I'm also fortunate in that I can take changes of clothes to the office and leave them there along with my laptop. So I carry nothing with me and the only thing on my bike is a saddle bag, water bottles, and lights.
I would keep my bike in my garage at home and at work it would be behind our gated area. I would not have to worry about carrying a lock. I also have a small locker at my desk so I could keep a change of clothes there. I envision carrying only water and a small backpack.