Old 10-03-13, 09:03 PM
SeanBlader

Bikes: 2013 Specialized Tarmac SL4 Di2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 1 Post
New bike day = new PR day!

Upgraded from the base model Specialized Allez, to a fairly high end Specialized Tarmac today! I immediately jumped on Strava from ~155th place on one segment to 28th place!

I think part of it is I'm a pretty good anerobic sprinter, and it's usually right in the middle of my commute but this time the start was just up the street from the bike shop, so I was super fresh. I think if I get to head straight through the traffic light and I have some speed already I can easily break the front page for the segment, especially since it's going to take a day or so to get used to the new shifters. I might even break the top 10.

I've been hanging out around 180lbs for a while, but when I started I was a little over base Clyde level. On the other hand, y'all are a lot cooler than the 41, and I feel like you never really stop being a Clyde, you're just on a break from it, and if you don't keep your focus you could fall back into it any time. So I refuse to leave you guys and gals, just know I'm here hoping to catch up with some of you faster riders, and I'm pulling for everyone who wants to be better!! Maybe along the way I'll dethrone a KOM, that would be weird.

Maybe tomorrow I'll post pictures, but I just added like 4 lb of lights to it, so I don't quite want to post them tonight before I commute to work on the new fast bike. Have some speed comparison's to make on the distance. :-)