View Single Post
Old 10-05-13, 12:37 AM
psy

Bikes: Salsa Fargo commuter,Litespeed Ocoee titanium mountain bike cannondale caad9 105 road bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
scary new commute, don't know what to do

So I moved a little further away from my work into the next town over and the only way to get there without taking bart over the hill is to get on the highway for one exit...about a mile. That in itself is kinda sketchy , there's a fair amount of debris on the shoulder and this highway is full of idiot drivers. Anyway I've been braving that and doing ok..some days are better than others, but the worst part of the new commute seems to be in town before the freeway. For some reason drivers here keep buzzing me and this morning was the final straw .
Some jerk in a mustang pulls up beside me and starts reving his engine , then all thesudden pops the clutch and peels out and swerves ..his rear tire missed my front by like two feet or less. Then about a half block up he stops and waits for me...and peels out as I approached. ...pulls fowardabout a hundred feet and pulls into and blocks the bike lane. So now I'm thinking this is getting ugly..but then a group of cars came along and he pulled out and sped away before they got there.
I'm not sure what to do at this point.I've never felt the need to carry a weapon but now I know I HAVE to if I want to continue to commute. That along with the freeway issue is breaking my will.

I'm so ****ing bummed. People suck.

Last edited by psy; 10-05-13 at 12:42 AM.