Old 10-05-13, 11:26 AM
Bluish Green
Bicycle Commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Giant Doofus
Here's the pannier set I'm considering, the Ortlieb Back Roller Classic: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NWG0MW/...I1FU6A0QPEQW05.
When I started out bicycle commuting, I tried a couple of rack-top bags, but they didn't work out well for me. Too small and not waterproof. Then I bought a pair of the Ortlieb backroller classics you are considering. They solved the waterproof problem and the capacity problem. But more importantly, they are super high quality and so convenient to use. They have made my commutes more systematic - I pack the night before and have a routine where everything goes in left or right pannier, etc. It helps me to not forget anything. The Ortliebs carry everything I need and completely take weather out of the equation. They are great for commuting from A to B every day.

I have used them for grocery shopping, too. I take the Ortliebs into the store right in the grocery cart, then put the groceries into them after paying.

98% of my rides (or more) are commutes, so I don't do as much utility biking as many on this Forum, but for commuting, the Ortlieb backroller classics are hard to beat. Good luck, I hope you get a good workable solution and keep on commuting, you are doing great.