Old 10-06-13, 03:06 PM
cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 438 Posts
honestly, even though you want to find a fit/position treatment for your issues - I don;t think it's there.
from what comes across, your seem very much in ball park for position to be able to ride some long miles (from my view).

I think it's more a matter of where your posture ends up after some miles; and possibly the amount of miles you are accustomed to.

So first, mileage, since any one week can vary a bunch for many - lets use 2wks. In a 2wk period, how many miles do you ride? What constitutes the avg distance for a mid-wk ride, avg for a weekend day ride? How often in this 2 wk period do you do a 100+ km ride? How often do you do a 160Km ride?
How many are wkday rides and how many are wkend day rides?

Everything you note can oftern be attributed to riding posture. 9 out of ten times, upperback,neck and shoulder issues are posture. Lower back can be linked to posture also.
WHile I've been a big proponent of not hunching the back (for lots of reasons), I know for some it can't be done and others will take a long time of conscious effort and some adjustment to take out the hump/hunch.
From what I see, I can understand that the privates are underpressure when you try to roll the pelvis. You would seem to be at a higher saddle extension. If you want to consciously try to roll the pelvis, try lowering the saddle 3mm (2mm is a change, but not much, 4mm is quite a bit - so 3mm is a good experiment start). Lowering the saddle just a bit gives the privates some space when you 'tilt' and you current have the saddle well high enough.
Going back on the saddle rails some 3mm will take some pressure off the hands and let you stretch a bit.

Even though you have some bend in the elbows, do you have this at 60K and again at 100K ? A little more bend wouldn't hurt.
Consciosuly think about relaxing the shoulders (s that the shoulder blades slide 'down'). Doing frequent changes in hand position are a good way to alert you to think/adjust the shoulders, the bend in the arms. Everytime I change my hand position, I actively think about dropping my shoulders and making a good arm bend. I know better, yet I find myself sometimes with locked elbows and tight shoulders... go figure.

SO what does your 2 wk riding look like?

Last edited by cyclezen; 10-06-13 at 03:11 PM.