View Single Post
Old 10-07-13, 05:10 AM
dave42

Bikes: 1989 TREK 400, Suntour accushift drivetrain. 80's Raleigh mtb all Suntour.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Murray Missile
This is probably a subject for a new thread but, is it just me or do people seem to be a LOT more clueless than they were 10-15 years ago? In the short time I've been back into regular cycling it seems I've had far more incidents than I did when I rode on a regular basis just a few years ago. I don't think it's because I'm anymore aware as I had been a long time motorcycle rider as well and rode VERY defensively and I'm the same way in my car. Cars, pedestrians, and even other "people on bicycles" just seem to be wandering around in their own self absorbed little bubbles. The only group I have not had an issue with are motorcycle riders and believe me I encounter enough of them that statistically I would have thought I would have had at least one close call. Heck, I've even had a couple of them give me the motorcyclist's "low five" off the end of the handlebars secret handshake and a head nod as they went by.
I agree.