View Single Post
Old 01-15-03, 03:42 PM
Maurizio

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Everyone. Elite Junior New Englander.

Hi all.

Been reading these forums for a bit... Looks Good!

So heres me: I'm 17 now. I've been road racing exclusively for two years, and rode mountain one year before that. Since starting road racing, I've upgraded quickly to a Cat 2. As a junior rider, the USCF takes quite some interest in me, and I've had the opportunities to attend quite a good deal of "racing camps" where I have been tested on and lectured by many coaches.

This last season, I went up north to Quebec, to race in the Junior World Cup stage race, Le Tour De L'Abitibi which is nine days long. At the event I got the opportunity to get smacked around by Domo's Junior Team, Rabobank's Junior Team, and the French Junior National Team, among others. It was quite a learning experience, and I'm looking forward to going back again this coming year and doing a lot better.

Cycling has become my life over the last year or so, and I wouldn't want it any other way. I love to ride for hours and hours, and I love the feel of racing agressively with a hundred others. I hope to make it my life for the next twenty or so years as well, by going Pro in the next few years. I have no dilusions about how hard it is to be a cyclist based in Europe, especialy after racing with Elite European Juniors, but it is something that I want for my life more than anything else.

So... that's pretty much me. I don't really want to go into my race resume, or anything like that... I doubt anyone would care.

Thanks for reading this senselessness.

- Maurizio