Old 09-25-05, 12:57 AM
dchs

Bikes: 04 Specialized Sirrus Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Subw00er
I test rode the 7500fx today and it was a great bike. But, I actually liked the Specialized Sirrus better, so I went and bought it today! I put 6 miles on it so far and it seems great. I'm hoping to do many more miles!

I have a question about the sirrus. The two wires that folllow the tube where a water bottle would go.. yunno the ones that go underneath to the derailleurs (sp?)... on my bike, they cross over eachother. Is it supposed to be like that or was it assembled wrong? It seems wrong to me because the wires rub eachother and one of the wires hits the two screws under there. Looking at the bike it looks like the easiest way to fix this would be to open up the shifters because the wires are pinched with those endcap things at the ends (by the deraillers) and there are little holes it would have to be re-routed through - so I'd need new little pinch cap things.

Also, can someone suggest a good online place for accessories like grips, mini-pump, flashing tail light, etc?

Thanks for all of the replies!
My 2004 Sirrus Comp has the same setup if that's any comfort...the first time I looked at it I also thought it looked a bit odd.