Old 10-11-13, 03:27 PM
Joemess
Space for rent

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharpshin
AAAAAAAAAAK!!! This repeated TWICE here.....

MOST actual incidents of successful self-defense with a firearm involve merely producing a weapon. As in this case, criminals usually want victims, not life or death gunfights.

1) Pointing a gun at someone without legal justification is indeed aggrivated assault AKA assault with a deadly weapon and classed as a felony. The same as actually shooting a person would be.

2) Drawing a gun and pointing it at someone under legally justified circumstance (ie. what a reasonable person would consider imminent grave danger to oneself or other innocents) is as legal as shooting them under the same circumstance.

Of course expect this to be determined by first a grand jury and then possibly a trial. In either case involving thousands of dollars in legal fees.

Long story short; if junior jumped out of a vehicle and rushed me as described I would first run, and let him have the bike. For what a lawyer would cost I could buy several new bikes.I would never draw a handgun unless in the gravest extreme circumstance.

All that being said, once you get used to the freedom of binge able to carry a handgun if you want, one becomes reluctant to give that up.

I have lived thirteen years in urban Working Class England (childhood), ten years in suburban New York State (teens through college), and twenty four years in Texas. Only real difference with respect to violent crime is here in Texas I can have a gun too.

And ya, that incident where a swarm of guys on motorcycles chased down and attacked an SUV in guns-verboten NYC??? Prob'ly aint going to happen in the American South or Intermountain West, LOTS of cars in those places ordinarily have guns in 'em.

Mike
Good luck with that!