Thread: MyFitnessPal
View Single Post
Old 10-11-13, 04:20 PM
Mr. Markets
Who has a good sense of humor for going along with my little April Fool Gag (The Admin)

Bikes: Longbikes Slipstream

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2985 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jarrett2
Congrats man! I've been using Lose It! since April 1st. Today is 100lbs down Pretty surreal. It is the only thing that's ever worked for me as well.
Now THAT is impressive! 100lbs in six months -- WOW! That's 4lbs/wk avge.

I just shoot for 2/wk and it it all works well for me. I think i'd be starving to shoot for more. Hit 32lbs down today. 28 to goal, 38 for bonus points!

Did you hit your goal, or are you still at it? How about 'loose skin'? That is a big part of my not wanting to go for more than 2/wk.

Originally Posted by genejockey
At work, there's a Wendy's 2 minutes away, a McDonalds, a KFC, and a Taco Bell 5 minutes away, and half a dozen taquerias within that same distance. In the morning, making a sandwich takes time and you have to remember to do it.

As for why so many people eat out so much, many families have two working parents, who get home tired, hungry, and cranky. And often the temptation to go someplace and let someone else do the cooking is too great. And fast food around here is much cheaper than eating in a real restaurant. Probably half the price, or even less, to get a fast food burger vs. a good burger at a good place.

Where I grew up, this wasn't a problem. The nearest fast food was a 20 minute drive. The only restaurant closer served food about the same quality as a school cafeteria. Blech.
Taco Bell -- 3 hard shell tacos with 'beef' fresco style is about 450-475 cals. Very edible as I still do it at times.

McD's egg mcmuffin is also very edible if you toss the muffin away.