View Single Post
Old 09-25-05, 09:32 AM
Baggsy

Bikes: '73 Schwinn Varsity, 1964 Schwinn Racer, 1954 Schwinn Jaguar, 1950's Puch Bergmeister, 1980 Schwinn High Plains, 1973 Flandria, 1980's Diamondback Sorrento, 2001 Jamis Aurora

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How many of us ride fixed?

As of last Thursday and a fine young man in Ft Collins willing to part with it, I have become the proud new owner of a fixed gear. They are few and far between in this part of the country, and that was part of the allure I think. But I can tell you right now, they are a kick in the a$$! I took it out for a 15 mile loop last night, and felt like I had put in 30 at the end of it. I learned what a "controled-descent" really means, and am finding muscles I didn't know I had by slowing with the pedals. Now I have a whole passle of other bikes, but this one is closest to the garage door for whatever reason. I'm commuting on it, doing my road miles, pleasure cruising, and basic errand running. It's like learning to ride again. Anyone else have one? Denver, you probably see quite a few down there, any thoughts or words of wisdom?