View Single Post
Old 10-12-13, 12:30 AM
Long Tom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got my Century today!

I had been worried I was going to have to go solo, but I never should have doubted my buddy... we did a nice 102 mile ride today.

We embarked from west of Eugene, and rode to Corvallis and back. It was quite flat getting there, but we did a different route back, which had some hills, which felt really good. I really don't like flats much.

Buddy rode a Bridgestone RB-2, and I was on my Spesh Sequoia. We had no flats or mechanical problems. I left my fanny pack full of FOOD at home (!), like dork, but had a banana and good dense power bar (Clif) in my jacket pouch so that, on top of a good breakfast, got me there. We had lunch in Corvallis- chicken molè burrito and a salad- and I didn't eat any other food after that for the 50 miles back home. I did have my OJ/water mix in one bottle that I started hitting around mile 80.

My contact points were barking at me a bit by the end, but I trained hard these last couple months, and fatigue wasn't really ever a factor.

Am now drinking too much beer and enjoying the feeling of having done sumpthin' cool.

Last edited by Long Tom; 10-12-13 at 12:35 AM.