Old 10-13-13, 04:25 PM
revchuck 
OMC

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint, Look 585, Specialized Allez Comp Race

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 49 Posts
Just finished a recovery week - 146 miles in a recovery week, though truth be told I went over the scheduled time by almost an hour. 1:36 at recovery pace this morning. I failed in my quest to stay under 100 watts, ended up with 104 watts average for the ride, 97 bpm, TSS 32.7, IF .46. 16:30 scheduled for next week, almost all of it at endurance pace (Z1-2).

I've been just bringing water on my endurance rides, with a Clif bar and/or gel in the jersey pocket just in case. I've got a 3:30 day followed immediately by a 4:00 day this week...should be interesting to see how that works out. I'm wondering if breakfast, fat and leftover glycogen stores will be enough to get me by the second day.

I recently switched from a 110mm stem to a 120mm one on my Look. I had started with a 100mm stem when I was fitted to it originally, when my goal was to ride centuries comfortably. The handling felt somewhat twitchy. Going to a 110 improved, but didn't cure it. With the 120, the handling has settled down to steady and solid. It honestly feels like a different bike. Chucky like!

Demain, on roule!