View Single Post
Old 10-14-13, 10:11 AM
Bluechip

Bikes: Salsa Fargo Ti, Cannondale CAAD9, Carbonello Fixed Gear, Specialized Epic Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts
The Cypress Bike Barn is my closest shop and use them occasionally. They're not the most helpful shop but I don't ask of much. When I've come in because I can't get a bottom bracket off they stopped what they were doing and got it off for me. Other than that kind of stuff they are just ok. They always say that they can get a certain bike in quickly but it's usually easier to head to their bigger shops. You might try the Weslyn Bikebarn, it's their flagship store. They stock a lot more bikes and items there. They were very helpful in finding a bike for my 5' wife. She test rode several models with different component choices. They took the time to get her set up on all of the bikes she tested including a stem swaps.

I hate to say that I don't have a favorite LBS anymore. Northwest Cyclery used to be great but has gone seriously down hill the last 10 years or so. Boone has a good reputation but I never really liked it. When I lived nearby it was mostly a high end shop and I had a low end budget. WestEnd is a MTB shop. I am not sure they actually do road bikes.

Good luck!