View Single Post
Old 10-14-13, 01:57 PM
smallwheeler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Still Pedaling
I let those Adventure bikes go awhile back now. The company was nice enough to take them back. They had a 90 day return policy and didn't give me any problem whatsoever. Bare in mind, one of them had a defective rear hub.

I put that money towards a Brompton -- oooo but I'm in debt for the rest. Funny, when I went into the store where they sold me the Brommie, I was there to try the Tern C7. It was my wife that convinced me otherwise. She said you might as well get the better bike and not have regrets down the road. There are times when I really do listen to my wife, and this was one of them. Bless her heart. So I need something for her to ride while I save for a Brommie for her. Hey, it's the least I can do. She's a real sweetheart!!!
exactly, so you should consider resale value of whatever you buy as a temporary bike. the citizen bike will begin to depreciate as soon as you take it out of the box. you will be lucky to sell it later for 200. meanwhile, the vintage dahon will always be worth at least the price you paid for it. and so would the dahon ciao. but, you dont have the cash for the ciao. my advice (what i would do), is spend the least i could for the most bike i can get. to me, that would be the vintage yellow dahon classic.