View Single Post
Old 10-14-13, 02:18 PM
raudi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by robble
Kinda agree with the food and especially the sport drink. The drink they had this time was better than the one at the Haleiwa Metric though. Wish they would buck up for Gatorade. The donuts were great for some quick energy - too bad they ran out on the return trip. I think I near bonked coming back up the backside of heartbreak hill to Hawaii Kai. It's was like all of a sudden my legs had no energy left and i was moving about 4mph in 1st gear up that gradual hill.. I pulled off to the side and sat in the shade about 10 minutes drinking and chewing on a cliffs bar before continuing. Lucky there was the 20 mile aid station not too many miles further along. After that station I had recouped enough to pick the pace back up.

Lol - strangely enough I think spam musubis would be a great food for the ride. full of carbs and salt. Perhaps I'll pack some my next long ride.
I brought 4 musubis with me and still started cramping around the 50 mile mark. the rest of the ride was no fun, but still managed to finish. I dont think it was dehyration either as I was killing 2 24oz. bottles every 25 miles plus whatever I was drinking at the stops. It was nice to meet all the different types that at the ride though. I need to brush up on my japanese for next year.