Old 10-17-13, 09:31 AM
Blue_Bulldog

Bikes: GTR 3 Series, Pure Fix India, Mongoose Ledge 2.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Astrozombie
So using that line of thinking, you should wash your clothes in cold or hot water? Cold so it doesn't shrink i guess? And you don't have to bother heating it up
Cold. The water never gets hot enough to mess up bacteria or allergens. It's in the dryer that stuff gets real in bacteria land. Washing in hot water is only good if you like colors bleeding. In my experience, anyway. And thats just what my allergist told me. So... flame him if you disagree. Not me.

As far as getting the stank out, theres another, more preventative option I forgot about.

Go to the pet store, walk to the fish section. Go to the area where they sell filters and stuff. Look for the bags of activated carbon. You stick it in a certain type of filter, and AquaClear makes them in little mesh "sachets" (this is America, Jack... they're bags.). Grab one of these badboys, they're like $5 or something. Take it home, rinse it off to get the carbon dust off, dry it out. Toss one of these in your backpack, or better yet fasten it to the back with a staple or tape or something removable. We used to toss these in our hockey bags and forget about them, since we often did the same thing with our stank equipment full of sweat out of places I'd rather not discuss. Throw some sweaty hockey gear in a bag, and then forget about it for a few days... it'll make lutefisk smell good by comparison. So we threw those carbon bags in our equipment bag because it sucks out the stuff that makes air stink, and bought us a few extra days of "Shoot, I forgot to dry my gear out."

Let the bag of activated carbon hang inside your bag, and I bet you'll notice a massive decrease in the frequency of stink lines coming out of your backpack. Also very handy if you ever carry wet swimsuits or towels in there. Uhh... I've heard....