Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beachgrad05
Pam - I helped her and did not say NOT to carry pump. Just that CO2 was easier option to have as first option to pump up tires to 110psi. Having both is excellent as than if you have issues you have the other option. But using hand pump to air up tire to 110-120 is exhausting and frustratingly time consuming hence recommendation of having CO2 to use. She uses a camelback and easily can carry the pump. I have one but the mount doesn't work on my bike so currently am not carrying one hence why I carry about 5 CO2 cartridges along with my two tubes.
Sorry Beach... so this is one frustration with my friend... say something and she goes off in another direction. I'm sure in her mind she thought "I have CO2 I don't need a pump***" (I should not have assumed you or anyone else told her not to carry a pump). I explained that's all fine and good until the CO2 doesn't work (which she didn't understand but it wasn't worth going there)... and her response is "that's why I won't ride by myself..." Thanks for teaching her how to change a flat... I kept offering but she always didn't have the time... I'm sure her thinking was "as long as I am with you I don't need to know.."

BTW have you ever used a Topeak Road Morph pump? It's not exactly a mini-pimp but it will, without much effort, inflate tires to whatever psi needed...

***did she tell you about buying a bike at REI? She walked in with a 20% off coupon, found a bike in a nice color and bought it. In and out in 20 minutes. Bike was a comfort not road bike and was a XS when she needed a medium or something around 52cm. She looked at a bear on a trike... she's bright but has tons to learn and when she is coming from a place where she knows nothing so assumptions can't be made that she understands... I am still mad at REI for letting her buy the bike but then again I don't know what she told them when she bought it and she won't tell me.

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.

Last edited by Pamestique; 10-18-13 at 01:21 PM.