View Single Post
Old 10-18-13, 04:07 PM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by tetonrider
defining someone as a 'winning is the only thing' based on an internet forum is folly at best, and i think that's what we really miss in all of this.

fun is one of those things that, like art, may be unquantifiable but we know it when we see it. it is a bit of a stretch, but someone else might say, too, that winning is less quantifiable than it would at first seem. 'winning' the cat 5 race? 'winning' the cat 3 race?

'focusing the process' is also something that is unquantifiable.

imagining that someone else's life is out of balance may be true, but it probably says more about the person doing the imagining than it does about the 'imaginee'.

all that stuff aside, is any actually inspired reading about others' goals? i am. i hope that i can in some small way encourage others to achieve more than they thought possible, perhaps through my own actions and hard work in pursuit of a goal. yes, that goal may be arbitrary and lack meaning in the grand scheme of the world, but it could still be inspirational. i find my goals on the bike turn out to have much more to do with things off the bike.

remember this equation: talk - action = nothing.
Definitely.