Old 10-21-13, 11:41 AM
JoeyBike
20+mph Commuter

Bikes: Surly LHT, Surly Lowside, a folding bike, and a beater.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 219 Posts
Bicycle group rides are generally just plain rude to other road users. There are laws against motorists creating "rolling roadblocks" on multi-lane highways and I feel that bike group rides should be handled under the same law. One of our neighboring parishes (county) installed a law requiring more than 8 cyclists in a group to secure a parade permit before riding in the parish. There were all sorts of problems with New Orleans bike clubs clogging up those scenic 2-lane roads and highways in the country nearby. I rode with a club a few times before the law was enacted and I gotta say..."we" deserved it. I was too embarrassed to continue riding with those groups long before the permits were required.

After the permits were required similar confrontations (as the OP) between local farmers/residents and cyclists dropped to zero.

Blocking the road just because we can is bad form IMO. I can't blame the old geiser for WANTING to smash someones helmet in. Thankfully most folks won't go that far.