View Single Post
Old 10-21-13, 07:18 PM
Ghost Ryder
Ghost Ryding 24/7

Bikes: Giant Defy with Dura Ace group, & Ksyrium SL's,Specialized Allez Shimano mixed/mashed,2011 Opus Sentiero,2008 Kona Jake the Snake,Custom built track/fixed,Stumpy Hartail,Kuwahara/ET bike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ANORXIC51
Possibly may be a size too big. But the LBS did a basic fit on the floor and with the trainer for standover and seat height. I'm about 6'0" @ 165 lbs, so pretty slender with "Scottie Pippen arms". Did a couple of 20 min test street rides before taking delivery and did a 40 min ride yesterday of a mix of pavement and gravel. :-) He told me to come back in a couple hundred miles or so or 30 days for the tune up and to make adjustments /suggestions for fit as needed.

I'm brand new to cycling, and being on the Duc for a couple of seasons has already gotten me used to being on a torture rack, lol. But honestly so far I have no complaints with fit or comfort. We'll see once I start getting some miles under my belt on it. But for now the arms feel relaxed, starting to get used to the clipless pedal routine, feel in control coming up to/waiting at stop signs (unclip one foot upon approach and stand over the top tube until I get going again).

-Christian
Its all good. It just seems your seat post is a bit low.
I tend to go up a size with my CXers too, only my race rigs are the proper size. I like to train/commuter on larger bikes so I avoid toe overlap.