Old 10-23-13, 11:07 AM
ps249

Bikes: 2019 Specialized Sirrus Elite Carbon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kashride
That's a nice looking bike. I have a 2010 Giant carbon frame road bike myself. Although I love my roadie, I am actually getting a hybrid bike this week for casual rides. How do you like the ride so far?
I am definately like it better than my old 2009 Giant FCR3 hybrid. I dont even notice the saddle on this bike- no discomfort at all. ITs very light making it great for sprints. All in all its the best bike I have ever owned. (I had 7 bikes in the last 20 years). I prefer the comfort of a hybrid as compared to a road bike. It is getting very cold here in Michigan so my riding is on the slow down. I probably will not be able to take it out much at least until march. They only make this bike in 3 sizes (S M L). The medium fits me perfect (I am 5'11"). I have been riding mainly 95% on paved rail trails. I do not have much more of a need for a mountain bike anymore. I chose this bike becasue it was fairly cheap for a full carbon bike, no disc or hydraulic brakes, no suspension, no use for fat nobby tires. and I still prefer the flat handlebar. Plus it is extremely light- did not weigh it yet but it weighs in the 18 pound range. It has a pretty large flat top tube so I have to purchase a top tube adaptor for transporting the bike around. It also comes with "Ridesence", I am not too familiar with this yet- but I also plan on getting a decent bike computer that is Ridesence compatible. Treks and Specialized full carbon hybrids cost in the $1,900 dollar range so this bike is a bargain compared to the other big 2 bike manufacturers. It also looks better than all the other carbon hybrids I have seen. The paint scheme on my Escape is one of the best I have seen. It really stands out. I am sure I will get quite a few looks and compliments with this bike on the rail trails.