Old 10-26-13, 08:13 AM
neo_pop_71

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by andyfloyd
That Cimarron is really nice, well done sir. Good to know that the old shimano RD's will shift well with the newer indexed stuff.
Thank you andyfloyd for the kind words! Glad I could help, beyond the surprising capabilities of the "Deerhead" stuff, the quality and aesthetic of the early components are by far the best (IMHO) that Shimano has put out to date.

Originally Posted by WNG
+100 neo! That Schwinn looks great. Dare I say, it looks better than new. That Brooks is a nice classy touch, well executed. Had me staring a the pics to get in all the details.
Right on WNG, thanks very much, I really wanted to go a different direction and hopefully end up with a bike I hadn't seen before. I suppose if you spent an extra few moments looking at the details, then I pulled off what I was going for once I figured out how I wanted to approach the build.

Originally Posted by frantik
that Cimmaron needs thumbies but otherwise loving it
I appreciate that frantik, thanks man! You know I've always enjoyed your builds but I can't see where I mount thumb shifters on those Soma Sparrow bars... where would you mount them? I know I can mount bar end shifters, the bars are machined to fit them but I'm not a big fan of bar end shifters. I'm pretty sure I have another set of DKG Shift-Ease shifter pod mounts like I ran on my poor man's Yeti Ultimate tribute (the one you inspired my daughter to paint with the black spider web spray paint on your tandem).

So, I have a couple options if the brifters don't last, but I can't see thumbies wold go unless I got a new bar. That would be a bummer since I spent some time making the shims to mount the brifters on the Sparrow bar, I'm not ready to scrap anything too quickly as it took quite a bit of effort to put the bar set up together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
UltimateKnockOff04.jpg (104.7 KB, 576 views)
UltimateKnockOff05.jpg (103.5 KB, 570 views)
UltimateKnockOff06.jpg (90.0 KB, 559 views)
SparrowSTIshim1.jpg (98.3 KB, 555 views)
SparrowSTIshim2.jpg (98.0 KB, 543 views)
SparrowSTIshim3.jpg (90.1 KB, 543 views)