View Single Post
Old 10-28-13, 12:08 PM
sheldon5992

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To be totally honest for me its not about selling something to you no matter what you may believe. I was rear ened on my motorcycle one night and I recognized a huge visibility problem and I started looking into it. I started this project to help people be visible.

The research I have done has been with eye fixation and how it translates to the brain. I've also talked with local construction companies one Being Kokosing about how reflective clothing and barrels affect safety and what they think of it. I found out the more people I talked to on job sites and in other scenarios like city roads that its hard to distinguish what some thing is based on its reflective signature but this also depends on where your at also. Now with putting reflectors on your pedals and things that move on your bike I totally agree its basically the same as a flashing light and creates a better eye fixation to drivers. But the huge problem with reflectors not taking away from how awesome they are in many different scenarios is that they have to have light on them to work so around turns or when your crossing roads you never see it coming till your in front of the head lights. That's where these jackets really shine forgive the pun... but you can see them coming and we have done tests where our lime green color is visible beyond 1500 feet basically a 1/4 of a mile.

Agreed putting them on is a problem in some instances when its hot out but its normally much cooler in the evenings when they are most needed.
I am mostly an advocate of putting lights on things to be safer just because of the research I've done but its up to every one to do their own research and find out for them selves I try not to be bias because I don't want to seem as though im talking out my ass for a sales pitch so I try to be real if you have any information contrary to mine I would be glade to read it.
Thanks