Old 10-29-13, 09:04 PM
chriskmurray

Bikes: Borealis Echo, Ground Up Designs Ti Cross bike, Xtracycle, GT mod trials bike, pixie race machine

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I moved to Colorado Springs a couple years ago from Knoxville TN and have not looked back since. I work in the cycling industry and there are FAR more opportunities here and a great cycling culture as well. Since moving I have been able to go from just working in a retail bike shop to working for an actual bike manufacturer as head wheelbuilder (among other things) which is lots of fun and being on the "inside" of the industry has its advantages

I have always wanted to live in Colorado but most of the cities here are simply too freaking expensive for someone trying to make a career out of the bike industry. Colorado Springs is pretty affordable, good (great compared to TN) bike infrastructure with more and more being built all the time, hundreds of miles of single track I can get to without a car, most of the people are pretty friendly as well.

The only way I would make a big move now would be if it was out of country, as far as places I have seen in the states I really really like it here. I have thought about the Pacific North West but have talked to a few people who have lived there, they liked it, but did not make it sound much better (if any) than here.