View Single Post
Old 11-01-13, 06:48 AM
msd3075

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by the sci guy
Do I need to bring a lock to lock our bikes up during the overnight? Or at any other times?

I never used one, and I don't think I saw anyone else using one either. We just left our bikes outside the tent during the overnight (they weren't allowed inside because of fire code and lack of space), and I don't think anyone had a problem with theft. I did take with me my seat bag, computer, and anything else that could easily be swiped off of it.

During the ride, there is no need for a lock either. The rest stops will be littered with hundreds of bikes all over the place, and you'll probably waste most of your time at the rest stop looking for something to lock your bike to.

On a separate note, I would recommend you get an external battery for the overnight stay in La Grange. Your tent won't have any outlets to charge any of your electronics. I bought one at Best Buy for about $80, and I can charge my phone several times off of one external battery charge. My buddy I rode with even rigged his bike up with his so he could play music on his phone for the entire ride.

Last edited by msd3075; 11-01-13 at 09:43 AM.