View Single Post
Old 11-05-13, 02:49 AM
svetyl4o

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slayer_track
I've been training a while now and my legs are really tone, but still really thin.
Whats the best way to gain mass in the leg muscles?
Longer rides in a hard gear?

Right now im running 3 days a week and i've noticed a slight
difference.

any tips?
or am I stuck with these twigs?
In order to build leg muscles with cycling you must ride always on the highest gear possible. The people who claim you can't build muscles with cycling are climbing highs on a lower gear because they don't have the pure muscle strength to do so on a high gear in the first place. I'm experienced rider and I must warn you that climbing on a high gear is dangerous-you can strain or stretch muscle if you don't know your limits and the way of exerting the most strength by riding on your legs transferring weight from leg to leg is putting strain to your back so you can get back aches . But it's rewarding you not only get bigger and stronger muscles but you get stronger back too. Out of the bike by Squats you can gain muscle weigh but you legs will become stiff and less agile so I don't recommend it. Instead do sprinting-50, 60 and 100 meters sprinting will build up your legs. Also as strange as it sounds build up your upper body. Heaving heavier upper body for your legs to support will make them bigger.