Old 11-05-13, 08:24 AM
echappist
fuggitivo solitario

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by merlinextraligh
I'm pretty sure his current coaching program doesn't involve doping, so the past history doesn't effect me.
Also, I'd be willing to bet that what actually went on was a bit more nuanced than the plaintiff's allegations.
Would you say the nuance is more or less than the nuance between "affect" and "effect"?
I would like to think that if you doped minors unknowingly that there would be criminal charges involved.
Maybe they entertained the thought, but didn't want to pursue that road. Fact is, Carmichael did settle out of court.

In any case, we all know that when the defendant settles out of court in a civil trial, no wrong doing occurred. Just ask all the financial companies that paid fines but didn't have to admit fault.

My intent here was not to defend Carmichael's moral character or past history. Just sayin, I've found him helpful as a coach, and Ive enjoyed riding with him.

Of course not. Your intention was to insinuate that the riders suing him may have been complicit and impugn their reputations. If your intention were not to defend Carmichael's past and character, the first part of your post wouldn't have been necessary.