Old 11-05-13, 11:39 AM
MDcatV

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
it's hard to say what you should do because you've only been at it for 4 months and are going into your first race.

I would say things to keep in mind:

-this is your first race, it's a beginning not an end all be all. go do it, dont put too much pressure on yourself, have fun, and when you're finished take some notes on how things went, how you felt, what you think you did well and what you think you didnt, what you can learn to benefit your next effort

-it's generally better to be over rested than under rested, your week of looks heavier than I would do, but that's tough to define

-make sure your equipment is clean and in good safe working order. shifts well, doesnt drop when going from big to small ring or vice versa, your brakes are adjusted, drive train lubed, tires inflated properly, etc. i say clean because cleaning your gear is a good way to inspect, check, and adjust.

-41K is going to take less than 90 minutes. take with you what you would for a 90 minute ride, and fuel like you would for a similar length ride.

-get to the race about 1 hr. to 1.5 hours ahead of your start time to sign in, get your race #, go to the bathroom, get comfortable with the scene.

-do a warmup so you're ready to go when the race starts

-remember to have enough time to pee after your warmup and before the race starts

-have fun