View Single Post
Old 09-27-05, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Freewheel hubs and bottom brackets?

After going through my second freewheel hub in less than one year. I need to know what a decent freewheel hub brand is. My bike came with SRAM PG-950 11-34 and I burned through the first one in three months, got it warranted but the second one has only lasted 6 months, probably less I just noticed it was in horrible shape this weekend, a lot worse shape than the first one was when I had it replaced. I can understand a fat ass rider like me putts a lot of pressure and torque on the components, but my old bike (that was a quarter of the cost of this one) components lasted seemingly three times as long. One would expect four times the price would get you components that are at least twice as good but it would appear that the opposite is more true.

So what’s a good freewheel hub that will last a year with a 250+ pound rider slow wheeling it up Galbraith three times a week that won't break the bank?

Same question for bottom brackets. I have an FSA ISIS Cartridge currently that has been making noise all summer...