Old 11-10-13, 07:16 PM
JeffOYB

Bikes: Uh... road, mtb, tour, CX (kludged), 3spd, 'bent, tandem, folder (the fam has another, what, 8)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Roadbike frame with clearance enuf for CX?

OK, I'll try again. It's a twist on my usual theme (which hasn't *really* been dealt with well enough yet). I'm trying to dial it in better. I need a light frame, like a Giant TCR, only with clearances. Does such a thing exist? I don't need a frame with canti studs. I don't have canti brakes to install on them! I don't need no steenking canti brakes neither! My old road brakes brake just fine for all the CX races I've done. I want a frame that will simply fit my 30-32mm tires. Even just 30mm with a bit of elbow room would be fine. I'll use the frame for road riding in the summer. I don't need those stinking wings sticking out in the wind in the pacelines. Yeah, they're cute and say you're a crosser but I just don't need 'em. I even like them, but as I said I don't have em and I don't need em. They do seem a touch less aero to me than the brakes THAT I HAVE. So I'll take a pass despite any coolness they offer. I just want a common lightweight road frame easy to find on the 2nd hand market cheap that has clearance. A TCX would be fine if I didn't have to put canti's on it. Tips, leads?

Last edited by JeffOYB; 11-12-13 at 09:16 AM.