Old 11-12-13, 10:16 AM
JeffOYB

Bikes: Uh... road, mtb, tour, CX (kludged), 3spd, 'bent, tandem, folder (the fam has another, what, 8)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghost Ryder
@ OP:
Just noticed you have a MTB, not sure what type it is, why not try using this for CX racing?
I'm pretty sure it doesn't have road calipers...
What keeps you from riding this bike, other than "its not equipped with road calipers"?
I don't know why I keep referring them to "road" calipers...

We tried to be polite, but you are making it difficult for yourself.
? I just said that I already had sidepulls and didn't want to buy canti's for this TCX-like frame I'm wondering about. I've also noted that just because I want a bit more clearance shouldn't mean I have to change brakes... since many road-brakes have plenty of room. What's so hard about this?

I do note that there are hundreds of quirky bikes out there and dozens more each season. I have stated the "quirky" bike I wish to see (and which I thought might already exist) and I've given my simple wish-list for it. What's the big deal? Also, it seems to me that my wishlist wouldn't yield a quirky bike at all, but a very versatile one suitable for common uses.

I did mention a 19-lb raceable weight goal. And a desire to use it in the summer for paceline riding. ...Throws a snag in the MTB concept.

I really don't think I've been unclear. It kinda seems like the MTB remark is totally off the subject.

...A 2ndhand generic alum road frame with clearance for 32mm tire and a few extra bolt-holes. Order up!