View Single Post
Old 11-17-13, 08:46 PM
Ghost Ryder
Ghost Ryding 24/7

Bikes: Giant Defy with Dura Ace group, & Ksyrium SL's,Specialized Allez Shimano mixed/mashed,2011 Opus Sentiero,2008 Kona Jake the Snake,Custom built track/fixed,Stumpy Hartail,Kuwahara/ET bike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sasquatch.
I agree.

I try and avoid the sidewalk but there is two spots on my commute that I don't have a choice. I asked the local PD what I should do and they said walk my bike while in those situations. Balls to that! Several Cops have passed me while I was riding "illegally" and usually they just wave or nod.
This doesn't make it legal to do it, it just proves you have incompetent/lazy police officers.

Originally Posted by goldfinch
Sometimes there isn't another route and the local authorities don't give a rip.
You got to be kidding me, are you living in a 3rd/4th world country? Or are you stuck in the 1800's?
Only 1 road for everyone, give me a break.
I just turn over to the next block/street over.

Much faster than walking with your bike on the sidewalk.

Originally Posted by rekmeyata
Not only did I not say I don't know where you ride on the sidewalk, but I also said I wasn't going to argue with you about it so how is that judging? All I did was post a site that discusses it, and you have to decide, which you have, which is best for you. Again there wasn't one ounce of judgement there. You need to read with understanding and not with anger.

And as far as you not caring about the law...well that's a whole different can of worms.

No use wasting anymore time on that one..
Hey stuck in his old school ways.
Walter Matheau is a more appropriate name for our friend Walt.