Old 11-18-13, 04:58 AM
Walter S

Bikes: Surly Long Haul Disc Trucker

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1015 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
Not only did I not say I don't know where you ride on the sidewalk, but I also said I wasn't going to argue with you about it so how is that judging? All I did was post a site that discusses it, and you have to decide, which you have, which is best for you. Again there wasn't one ounce of judgement there. You need to read with understanding and not with anger.

And as far as you not caring about the law...well that's a whole different can of worms.
Oh, you're just sharing ideas. You're not being judgemental of others. You're benevolent soul that just wants to share some of your ideas with the bicycling community. I get it.

you: sidewalks are for walking
me: My safety comes first. I could care less about arbitrary rules. Especially when the sidewalk is very rideable, safe, and empty.
you: Sidewalks are NOT the safest place to ride much to your disappointment and disbelief.
(that's not an argument against my behavior?)
me: There are select places where I'm quite glad I have a sidewalk available. But usually I avoid them. I'm only saying they can be the safest option.
you: it's against the law in most states!
(giving up on the safety issue and diving into the law now? still not arguing? I already said to you, and in other posts that I don't care about rules)
me: I really could not care less about the law.
(to emphasize points I've already stated)
you: as far as you not caring about the law...well that's a whole different can of worms.
(a can you've already opened in multiple posts but persist in restating. for what? not to change people's behavior apparently)

The banter really went back and forth several more times if you include redundant comments by others alongside me and you specifically. Each of our positions were stated multiple times in various ways. Need we say more?