Old 11-18-13, 08:43 PM
jlafitte 
Pirate/Smuggler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by IAmSam
I don't know if that "solid reputation" is 100% deserved. Sure the price is reasonable - but when I first began looking for a fixed bike last fall and noticed the constant refrain "Kilo TT" around here, being the contrarian that I am, I researched it like crazy while considering whether to order one. I found that if one really looks, you can find numerous instances of guys who had problems with their new Kilos. Varying fork dimensions, dropouts out of whack, misplaced brake drillings, interior rust build-up right out of the box, imperfect finishing, etc. But the problems with Kilos seem to get excused and glossed over for some reason as those pushing them grow ever more vociferous.

Not calling it a bad bike, just saying...
Maybe the reason for the excuses/glossing would be that for every person with a problem Kilo, there are *way* more with no problem. Hundreds, thousands more, who knows. Also you can exchange the problem bike no questions asked. At $400 it's a no brainer for anyone with basic mechanic skills looking for an entry level fixed gear, unless you can get lucky with Craigslist.