View Single Post
Old 11-19-13, 12:02 AM
brakemeister
New usename ThorUSA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok smallwheeler .. Now I have to bust in. I never said that the owners were using the pedals wrongly. Steve has a theory about foot placement, which I don NOT agree on. There is somewhere an official word from Tern about these pedals, which basically says that if you don't like them you can give them to your dealer and get different ones for free... Still I want to find out, why the same pedals which are used by many many other manufacturers including Dahon, obviously showing a higher failure rate on Terns than on any other bike.

Where do I complain about The Tern forum being uncensored ? The Tern forum allows every post, every picture of a broken part, every critique you want to write. Same as the old Dahon forum. I would not participate on a manufacturer owned forum if it would be censored. Somehow you clearly must have misunderstood me. Its the opposite what you write. Or did you quote me completely out of context ?

I also did not think that the folks who have broken a pedal are idiots and I did not say that. You are throwing stuff out there which is pretty hard core stuff.

while I am here .. Ekdog. Thanks for the links, as they clearly state that I helped Steely Dan to a new frame, even after the warranty was over and he got the official no, before I send him a new frame and fork. Not bad customer service for somebody who bought the bikes somewhere else, wouldn't you agree ?

Helping my friends on bikeforums with free parts, solve problems their own dealers couldn't handle, etc etc ...I thought that service through bikeforums would allow me a little wiggle room and push some info at times, which eventually leads to a sale once in a while. I must have thought wrongly. Yes if I ship stuff out of the country I need the freight paid, and for example to Spain its very expensive, I cannot pay that out of my pocket.

Its not whining, I spent a lot of time here. Much more time than dealers who sell ten times as much as I do.

So what happens if somebody ask for a spare wheel or sparepart he cannot find elsewhere ? I cannot say that I have in in stock ? Just because I am a dealer, who spends thousands of dollars to have said spare part, versus the majority of dealers who are happy to sell a bike but don't care about the customer down the road ?

again I thought that I had a little wiggle room at times, but it seems that's not the case

Thor

Last edited by brakemeister; 11-19-13 at 12:13 AM.