Old 11-20-13, 09:31 AM
mcafiero
Italian Stallion

Bikes: 2010 Cannondale Supersix; Dolan Df3; 1980's GIOS Pista;

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm loving Crossfit, got me out of my slump (you remember that from 2011 Nat's, Carleton), and my core and legs are stronger than ever. All we do (at least at my gym) are olympic lifts. Well, for the most part. It's high-intensity interval training (HIIT) and in Feb, when I start training again for the track, I'll be in the best shape ever going into training season.

The owner of the gym is great and said I can bring over my rollers and trainer so that when I make the switch to sprint training, I can still get out of the house to do it.

When I started, my max squat has increased through the roof! And before going to Crossfit, I was using horrible form. They have helped me get better form and I'll be less likely to injure myself. Same with deadlifting. Max DL is strides ahead of what it used to be. Carleton, try it for a month before you bust on it. And your remarks about it being a cult is rediculous. People just love the workouts, that's all. You could say that Track Racing is a cult just as well, and Carleton you'd be no exception.

Last edited by mcafiero; 11-20-13 at 10:28 AM.