View Single Post
Old 11-20-13, 03:55 PM
mstraus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
Any of the Lezyne pumps-- Road Drive, Pressure Drive, Drive Lite, Tech Drive, etc.-- are 2" shorter in the Medium size and nearly 4" smaller in the Small size.

I have two Medium sized Road Drives in both carbon and aluminum bodies; excellent hand pumps for 700x23 tires. One is equipped with the optional Pen Gauge hose with integrated pressure gauge, which is awesome, because it takes the guesswork out of mini pump inflating.

Of course, not knowing what you don't like about the Spin Doctor makes it impossible to say if a Lezyne will be better suited, but I've got no doubt that the Lezynes are better tools.
I have had many hand pumps over the years and the Lezyne is by far my favorite. Love that the hose fits inside of the pump, making it very small and easy. I don't have the hose gauge yet, but think I will probably get one. the one I have is for road bikes, high pressure but less volume. For the larger tires the OP describes more of a mountain bike type might work best - more volume but less pressure.