Old 11-21-13, 04:04 PM
WestPablo
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ItsJustMe
People spend way more than that buying cars, even people who don't make that much money. It's about priorities.

I spent $2500 on bikes this year. My car isn't worth more than about $1500, and I have no intention of replacing it unless it croaks.
We here in the west are so spoiled!

To most people in this world, having either a beater bike or an old clunker auto would be a considerable step up in life.
Originally Posted by mstraus
Yea, its about priorities and preferences with bikes and everything else. Available money/income in some cases comes second (within a reasonable range of incomes) as some people are more inclined to spend a higher % of what they make then others. I know people who all make roughly the same amount of money, one rides a $5000 bike to work and the other and old beater he paid ~$200 for. For both of them there bike is a thing of pride, but for different reasons. This is no different then the person who leases an expensive car every three years vs the person who still drives their 1993 Civic. There is no right or wrong.
+1

True, but some people experience great difficulty when attempting to strike a balance between ego, status, and necessity.