Old 11-22-13, 09:36 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3129 Post(s)
Liked 1,698 Times in 1,026 Posts
Originally Posted by blakcloud
I am a die hard flat bar commuter and I never need alternate hand positions. Mountain bikers go out on epic rides for hours and you never hear those guys say " I wish I had drop bars for more hand positions".

The Seek is a great bike and if you end up hating it, sell it. It won't be hard you work at a shop. Flat bars aren't for everyone but for commuting they can be great. Now a flat bar Defy would be something.
Yeah, these drop bar guys are a big bunch of pusses, aren't they! "5 minutes with no other hand positions and I'm dying!" Hahaha! What a freaking cream puff!

Hell, I've done more hard, epic days on my flat bar MTB than I can remember, and back before the days of front shocks; my flat bar commuter has more drop than most of these Fredly drop bar commuters!

This notion that flat bar = upright and drop bar = aero has to stop; it's all about picking the right frame and doing the right setup.

Really guys, the irrational carping is unbecoming of real cyclists.

Here's my flat bar commuter/ute. Great for hauling trailers, stoplight sprints, and 20 mile rides to parties carrying several bottles of Champagne (grower only, of course). Also great for quickly efficiently riding around town and to go to work:

Last edited by chaadster; 11-22-13 at 09:40 AM.