RidingMatthew
Let's Ride!

Bikes: --2010 Jamis 650b1-- 2016 Cervelo R2-- 2018 Salsa Journeyman 650B

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Telly
That specific picture wasn't taken by me, but it's the closest approximation to what really happens, and in these conditions the grey stuff between my ears kicks in and I (try) using alternative means of transportation. Unfortunately the weather changes so rapidly that I'm sometimes caught in the above conditions and have to soldier on regardless of how soaked I am, and what damages my commuter might sustain (usually potholes which can't be seen under all that water).

Here's a pic I took a earlier in the year after a 20 minute storm:
wow Telly you could ride a fat bike through that stuff!

Originally Posted by bmontgomery87
I'm planning on upping my weight training in december/january/february. I'm going to keep commuting but I know my mileage is going to drop a bit. I've got a 5k on Thanksgiving morning so that should be an interesting change of pace, cause I don't run.

+1 on the earlier commutes. I leave work early a few days per week, and the traffic is so much better.
i was going to do a 5k on thanksgiving with my sister but she hurt her leg. I am hoping to hit the mountain bike before consuming turkey and all the trimmings. I will be hitting the gym next week too since it is going to be so cold, nasty next week. I love riding but miss the weight training. When I get back in the gym and lifting I really like it. So does the Mrs.