View Single Post
Old 11-22-13, 01:03 PM
jmm

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BruceMetras
...I make my own by parting some delrin rod when I need new rings ... but, if I didn't have a little lathe...
That's almost Twilight Zone kind of strange; I have a 6" Atlas and have done exactly the same thing (used black square Delrin bar stock because I thought the round white I had would look grungy after a while)! With that said however, when I can get suitable things on the internets at reasonable prices, I often just go for it as my machining projects often involve a whole lot of procrastination, over-engineering, redesign, "measuring once and doing twice", etc, and end up costing more in the end. That's why I was relieved to see that Thor was carrying spare clips at prices that made adding a few to a previous order a no brainer.

Also, as often happens, the process of posting about the difficulties I have had latching/unlatching MKS Superior pedals somehow stimulated my few remaining brain cells to start working (better?). I cut a rectangular strip out of one of those basket weave looking rubber jar lid openers, and it made twisting and pushing/pulling the locking collars a lot easier, even after I purposely smeared some grease on it. I threw it in the MKS bag, and will put those peddles on a bike that gets used occasionally on nice winter days, so we'll see...

And, to give the Superiors a fair shot, I just ordered another set (Lambdas this time), which will give me something to compare the existing Esprit Superiors to, and provide some more parts to swap around for troubleshooting if necessary.

John