Old 11-25-13, 08:37 AM
Ozonation

Bikes: Helix, Brompton, Rivendell, Salsa, and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by KonAaron Snake
The V-O you;re talking about is also HAWT.

Hmmmm... NICE bike. What I find amusing is that when I was looking around for bikes two summers ago, the TREK website said some of their (hybrid style) bikes had *wide* clearance for tires... which in their parlance meant.... 35 mm tires. Having grown up with a cheap big box road bike, 35 mm didn't seem all that wide to me! If the Velo can clear up to 60 mm, that would be tremendous.

I'm guessing the Velo is running an IGH? I kind of like the fact that it doesn't use disc brakes: maybe that will change for me, but I spent 45 minutes the other night truing and fine tuning the rear disc brake on my fat bike - it never seems quite as easy as the online experts seem to make it out to be!

I have to admit I'm fortunate enough to now own both a Sam and a Hunqapillar. They ride a little differently - and that's a good thing - but you can still pick up a fair amount of speed on the Hunqapillar. I'm running Schwalbe Big Bens - the beefier cousin to the Big Apples. Great tires. The only problem is that I can't fit a fender between the tire and brake, and because the brakes are centre pull, the bridging brackets I've seen for split fenders might not work either. I've been trying to come up with an elegant workaround, but haven't really figured it out yet.