rkwaki
soon to be gsteinc...

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YMCA
Good point.
Ask them, are you a "bike rider", or a "bike racer"?
One is all about training and pacelines and finding their limits. The other simply uses that stuff as prep for war.

Nothing wrong with the first person, but winning bike races typically means being unliked at some point.

So be honest bike racers. Do you really compete, or are you in love with the internet pictures of competing?
As we have discussed before you and I are about the same age, came the same pathway, etc and I agree with this post.
I have posted in the past what it is like to race (i.e. crits) at the elite level.
Locally there are a lot of guys who can't stand me and I have had many confrontations post race. Take a look at those that mutual respect as well as some of my friends, true monsters on the bike. They know what it takes.

I have said it a bunch of times, off the bike I am a super nice guy, training I am a super nice guy, racing I am a ****ing ******* that will bump, hook, chop you in a second, not trying to start an argument about it but go in the racing video thread and watch guys like Rahsaan amongst other and tell me that they are 'playing nice'...